3.09.2007

more mental video churnings

For the past few days I have been helping out my old partners at High Noon Pictures work on a narrative short. Getting to run the boom and work as a production assistant again has really got things rolling in my mental map of the video I plan to put together in the next couple of weeks.

I am devising a skeleton script and planning all the "scenes." I don't really know if my ideas can be considered scenes, but that's neither here nor there. The working title is 'Information: the new Ritalin.' I'm happy with the way my ideas are starting to take shape. I was having trouble figuring out how to work dialogic interaction between a person and a computer. Then I realized there is a constant dialogue inherent in Human Computer Interaction, represented by none other than ye ol' blinking cursor. The computer's "thoughts" could easily be represented by typing in text fields in any number of applications.

Within hours of my realization I found the following video on YouTube. I have to admit I was a bit disheartened that it's already been done. But I think I have a slightly different application of this narrative device.

No comments: