3.30.2007

post-production party

A few days ago I finished production on the video I have been working on. I plunged headlong into the post-production phase on Wednesday. It's definitely bringing back some memories. I'm really excited about digging in with a digital razor.

Thus far I have encountered the requisite issues inherent in using cracked software to accomplish a task I haven't attempted in almost 2 years. I was admittedly nervous about working in Final Cut Pro for the first time in a goodly while. But once I was able to open and update the app, the controls quickly started feeling comfortable again.

I have about 3 hours of HD video between the live action stuff shot by my friends at HNP and the screen captures I have done over the past few weeks. The goal is to cut it down to around 3 minutes. The more I look at it, the longer I think it will take to fit everything in coherently. I have developed a plan of attack for the early stages of the editing process. But I'm really nervous about pulling off the split screen narrative thing. The narrative will be driven primarily by the "dialog" portrayed in the screen capture portion, and the video will depict me acting as something of a Greek Chorus, gaping at the strange goings-on.

Let's call it an experiment in my ability to depict a Human Computer Interaction...quite literally.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Ben, I can't tell you how awesome I thought your video was. You did a really awesome job. At some point I want to show Dave if you have a copy. Have a good week.