10.05.2006

Academic Cross Training and Networking

I have seen a lot of people posting about frustration with their respective knowledge of (x)html and CSS. In case anyone is interested, I have been taking a course in the College of Journalism called Electronic Publishing. In this course we attend lectures on the history and theory of interactive media, intermingled with web design theory. We also have small group (there are 7 students in mine) lab meetings in which we get to play in the Interactive Media Lab and bang our heads at coding strict (x)html and CSS by hand. This is giving me a whole new appreciation for web development and design. Both the Professor and TA are excellent. You can get a taste for their enthusiasm and knowledge by perusing our class blog.

Also, for those of you interested in social networking from the theoretical and/or technical perspective, our TA has developed his own networking portal specifically for gator grad students. Yesteday I mentioned to him there may be some interested individuals in the COE and he said he would love to talk shop to anyone interested. His name is Gary and you can contact him at this email address: gritz (at) ufl.edu.

-Where's the love song to set us free?

1 comment:

Jade said...

Thanks for posting this info Ben. I took a brief look at the class blog. I think we talked about the Gator Grad networking site earlier in the semester but now I've bookmarked it. I plan on browsing around when I have some free time- thanks again!